Saturday, March 21, 2009

Tomorrow never dies

I know that people are supposed to go out, to party, to hang out, to eat and stuff like that on saturdays but some of us can't or simply won't. Some of us stay at home and when we do we'd love to have something to watch on TV and that's why I wonder: what's up with TV channels on saturdays? Tonight they showed Police Academy 7. Seriously, 7? I won't even raise the question about why they made not one but seven lame movies. But showing it on a Saturday night along with Fear factor and a bunch of other really boring and lame shows makes no sense to me. And what actually makes less sense is that on fridays there's so much to watch that it becomes hard to choose! Leave some of it to saturday I say.

Anyway, I ended up watching a 007 movie, which is always entertaining, especially since I haven't seen this one before. It starred Teri Hatcher. It was weird to see her as one of Bonds lovers. She was very attractive. She still is but she was more curvaceous in this movie.
I also found it really amusing to watch the technology that was in use. I bet that it looked really advanced back in 1997. It seemed that the techno thing they were talking the most about was the GPS that is today something that anyone can have in ones car. That leaves me thinking in the technological revolution that has been going on. What's next? I mean, I (and I haven't lived that long) have seen the switch from cassettes to CDs to mp3s, the mobile-boom, the evolution of computers and internet,... And every day there's something new that one must have and that one suddenly can't live without. We are actually owning things that were imagined in movies made no longer than 12 years ago! Isn't that amazing?



This is the phone Bond used in the movie, it looks like it belongs to a museum. Reminds me a bit of one of my fathers first phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment