Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ashley, Sean and Pablo Francisco

Yesterday was a lot of fun!! It didn't start that good though. My friend and I had planned to go to a mexican restaurant before the show, but we were in a meeting that never ended. We actually had to leave before the meeting was over because I had to meet a guy I was selling my Madcon tickets to but hey that's another story. Anyway, when we finally were going to the restaurant we realized we only had 1 hour left to the show so we ended up going to T.G.I Friday's, ordered and just sat there chatting. After 35 min or more we hadn't got our food yet so we called the waiter and exactly as we though he had forgotten to place the order. Poor thing. I felt really sorry for him because I know how stressing it is to work at a restaurant. Anyway they offered us 50% off if we stayed but by then we only had 15 min left so we had to leave. They gave us some coupons for free appetizer or smoothie which is quite nice. The bad thing is that by then we were really hungry. I for example hadn't eaten all day because I know we were eating out and we couldn't just wait for the end of the show, so we went to Deli de Luca, bought some pizza rolls and Pepsi Max that we smuggled in.
When we got there I knew right away that the audience would be great because they were all buying drinks (I didn't think of that before!) and I wasn't wrong. People were totally crazy, screaming, laughing and making a LOT of noise.
Anyway, the show was great. At least the first part. It's started with Sean Savoy and Ashley Fils-Aime how were like the warm-up guys for Pablo. They were really hilarious and it was the kind of humor that I like, a bit like Def Comedy Jam. What I liked the most was that they had "local jokes", like about stuff happening here which means they have done some research. Really nice! I really appreciated!
After they did their thing Pablo came out and people went crazy! I have to be honest, it wasn't that funny. Ok, he has a real talent when it comes to different voices, he's really really talented, but he need to get some new stuff because spending like I don't know how much time just doing noises is a bit ennoying. There were no story, I don't know how to explain but it was like just different voices over and over again. I'm not saying it wasn't funny cause I laughed a lot but I was just not that funny (haha this reminds me of that movie title He just not that into you). Another thing that I didn't like that much was that most of the show was sex jokes and that can be funny but not when the whole show is about sex. I've always said that I feel that when comedians turn to sex jokes, they're not that talented. A talented comedian is one that can make jokes about everything, because using sex jokes is playing it too safe because it's something you know that people will laugh about. It's like making a fart noise to a kid over and over again because you know they will always laugh. But I had a lot of fun. I would give the show 4 out of 6 stars, 3 to Ashley and Sean and 1 to Pablo.

Shitty quality pics:

Sean


Ashley

Pablo

After the show we took pics with the comedians

Me and my friend melted into one person with the help of Paint Shop


Me and my friend cut off with the help of Picasa

I filmed this:


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/5/09 15:57

    pablo,ashley and sawn is so funny live!lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah would def go see them again especially sean and ashley!

    ReplyDelete