Friday, April 17, 2009

07.04.09 Truck

After six hours on the train and after moving my butt over from the train station to the bus station and listening to some middle-aged lady with an really irritating accent bragging about her grand children that were born and are living in Brazil and talk Spanish (!!!) and about how she spoke a bit Spanish and that when she was in Brazil, she even started to think in Spanish (!!!) (really amazing and rich story), and standing in line with a 500 kg bag on my back with people pushing to get on the bus before me, me the poor girl with an oversized bag and crutches, I got on the bus that with my perfect chance was overbooked with crying babies and tired and stressed people.
Because I was so restless and sitting in a really uncomfortable position with my knee really hurting, I didn’t manage to fall asleep although I tried (Oh, believe me I tried) so I found my self playing a game (yes, I’m still a child) that I invented then and there. What “inspired” me to this game was the big amount of big trucks passing by on the highway and the game consisted of looking at the face of all the truck drivers, which was easy because due to the height of the bus I was at the same level as them. So I start playing and after about 5 drivers varying from young lads to older guys, we’re approaching a big truck and I’m getting ready to look at the drivers face, when I see, as we’re getting closer, a foot on the front board. And I’m like “What? No, there’s got to be something wrong with my eyes, I did NOT just see a foot there” But as we pass the truck, I turn around and see this short, bold, big bellied man, with his short fat leg on the board! I know that you’re thinking the same as I was at the time, “no way!”. My answer to you is, Okay, either it was his leg OR he has a long fat chimpanzee arm with a weird looking hand wearing a sock!! No, it was definitely a leg! So you’re saying “so what? Can’t a men have his foot on the board in his own truck!” and my answer is “What “So what?” what if he needs to use the brakes suddenly, what will he do, use his belly, his arm, his leg? Or will he just use the manual brake and create a car accident orgy?” I am glad we drove far away from that weirdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment