Friday, April 17, 2009

10.04.09 Parents, Oh! parents

Die, die, die! I’m dying of shame. This is not the first time my dad does this to me. So I’m at his work and in come 3 spanish speaking people and I as usual start listening trying to see how much I understand. My dad was in the back and I was praying that he wouldn’t come out because I know him too well and I know exactly how he acts. And what I feared the most happened. He heard them talking spanish and asked were they came from and then he looked at me and started telling them that I was learning Spanish and told me to talk to them and I was dying with shame, first because I don’t know these people and don’t know what to tell them, second because now they’re talking in a low voice and not at ease like they did when they came in because now they know there’s someone that understand them. Why, Oh why does parents have to behave like this??

No comments:

Post a Comment