Friday, November 27, 2009

MM: Majestic Madrid

The hostel turned out to be very central. I saw it on the map but it always hard to tell how long the distances really are. But my hostel is within walking distance to everything. It's 3 min away from Puerta del Sol which is, quoting a guy I overheard talking to his friends, the heart of Madrid and the km 0 of Spain (whatever that last part meant).
When I first got out I went to Plaza Mayor which didn't impress me that much, just a big place, but I guess it's more lively in the summer. Than I just wondered around till I got to the Palacio Royal (Royal palace, see Spanish isn't that hard), that place really impressed me, it was huge and really royal. I wanted to go in but it was only 35 min to closing but I'm hoping I can go tomorrow. My impression so far of Madrid is that it's very royal with huge old buildings,it's like walking around in a big museu. You feel right away that it's the capital. it's very different from Barcelona which seems more chabby and bohemic.
I'm going out again in 40 min so I better start getting ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment